What you will enjoy:
- Grow relationships between legislators, their offices, lobbyists, interest groups
- Engage in the process of passing a bill in the Alabama House and Senate
- Help in the evolution a compelling political dialog around emerging issues in wellness and health care
- Help drive the negotiation and compromise process
- Participate in the development of a public awareness campaign
- Recruit, populate, and participate in the operation of a board of directors
- Organize and assist with community events, strategic meetings
- Assist with website and social media updates for an established non-profit organization
- Develop a web based registration system for health care practitioners
- Encourage profession wide involvement in state legislative efforts
- Work with leaders in the integrative health movement to develop a pubic awareness campaign about acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Create new and update existing press kit item
- Collecting and compiling patient testimonials
We need your help/your contribution matters:
- Background in Political Science, Social Work, Community Health, Race and Gender Studies, Marketing, Communication, Business, Law, non-profit management or other related discipline.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creative and Flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking
- Interested in the issues equal access to health care and civil liberties right to practice
- Generally socially conscious, motivated and self starting individual
- Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
We value all of our interns and go the extra mile to make sure you receive a learning experience that fits your career goals. You will become extremely knowledgeable in non-profit development and raising community awareness about freedom in healthcare. You will also learn how to work in a professional environment and have ample opportunity to network with healthcare leaders and players in the legislative field.
How you will benefit us and how we will benefit you. Grow your community and evolve the state, national, global conversation about health maintenance and wellness.
For consideration: please send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org Re: AOMA INTERN